History & Awards
• 2013 Vanguard Business Excellence and Achievement Award
• 2012 Staffing Industry Analysts ‘Staffing 100’
• 2012 Thurgood Marshall College Fund CEO of the Year
• 2011 BraveHeart Women Entrepreneur Award
• 2011 Inaugural Hall of Fame Award, NAWBO
• 2011 75 Most Powerful Women in Business
• 2011 40 Business Titans Who Shape Our World
• 2010 Beacon Award IT Senior Management Forum
• 2010 CBC Honor, Political Education & Leadership Institute
• 2009 Phenomenal Woman Award
• 2009 CPUC New Connections WBE ICON Award
• 2009 Legacy Award Honoree, NAWBO-LA
• 2008 Medallion for Entrepreneurship, Beta Gamma Sigma
• 2008 Entrepreneur of the Year, BET Honors
• 2008 BET Honors, Entrepreneur Awards
|2012 년||• Act•1 Group ‘s Agile•1 operations expands to Korea, Germany and Brazil.|
|2009 년||• The consolidated brands become collectively known as the Act•1 Group, which has also been restructured into three major categories:
Business Services (comprised of A-Check, AppleOne Payroll, CNU, CTA Travel and DSSI),
Agile•1 Workforce Solutions (Acceleration and AllSource),
Staffing Solutions (AppleOne/Act•1, Accounting Advantage, At-tech, Pro Travel, All’s Well, BilingualOne and HROne).
|2008 년||• Act•1 acquires AppleOne consolidating resources, expertise as well as human capital to globally position the company as full-service, staffing solutions innovator and provider.
• Universal Search launches, empowering our staffing brands to find faster, better matches by having offices share their candidate resources.
|2004 년||• AppleOne celebrates its 40th Anniversary!
• The AppleOne Government Services Department is formed to fulfill municipal, city, county, state and Federal staffing needs.
|2002 년||• AppleOne introduces the industry’s first 5-year staffing guarantee, the 5•50 Assurance Plan|
|2001 년||• Forbes Magazine lists AppleOne as one of America’s 500 Largest Private Companies
• A-Check partners with 1000th client
|2000 년||• AppleXpress launches to expedite candidates’ application and registration process|
|1999 년||• AppleOne celebrates its 35th Anniversary,
• At-Tech commences operations as our IT & Engineering specialist,
• JobCaster goes live, exponentially increasing our recruiting power
• A-Check integrates HRIS/HRMS into its system
|1998 년||• Bernie receives the prestigious Entrepreneur of the Year nod from Ernst & Young|
|1996 년||• ACT•1 renames its Screening Division to A-Check America|
|1995 년||• www.appleone.com goes live, making AppleOne one of the first staffing agencies on the World Wide Web
• ACT•1 provides screening services to 1,000th client
|1994 년||• AppleOne begins national expansion, opening 19 new offices in Texas and Georgia as well as California|
|1989 년||• AppleOne’s 76 offices collectively generate $150 Million
• AppleOne opens first Canada office in Ontario
• ACT•1 expands screening services to all 50 states
|1987 년||• AppleOne becomes a $100 million company|
|1980 년||• Bernie Howroyd and Janice Bryant marry|
|1978 년||• Janice Bryant opens first ACT•1 office|
|1971 년||• AppleOne opens the Anaheim office in Orange County, our first location outside of the Los Angeles County|
|1969 년||• Name is changed to AppleOne
• AppleOne expands its services to offer Temporary Staffing.
|1964 년||• Bernie Howroyd opens ‘Howroyd Wright’ staffing agency at a Wilshire District office in
Los Angeles, California. After Mr. Wright soon sold his interest in the company, Bernie became the sole owner.